Table of Contents
We always test our themes on most standard hosting setups, however, make sure your hosting match the following requirements:
- WordPress 5.8 or later
- PHP 7.2 or later versions are recommended, please see more details below
- PHP Extensions:*
- GD/ImageMagick extension
- Reflection extension
- SPL extension
- PCRE extension
- ICONV extension
- PHP tokenizer
- Multibyte String extension
- PHP Functions:*
- curl_exec() – necessary for themes/plugins updates on WordPress 4.6 and newer
- in php.ini file on your server have set up values:
- memory_limit set up at least 96MB
- upload_max_filesize at least 20MB
- post_max_size at least 20MB, the best same value like upload_max_filesize
- max_input_vars value is by default 1000 on most of servers – to prevent problems with saving too many elements in page builder, it is recommended to increase max input vars value min to 3000
- displaying of Notices & Warnings turned off
- we recommend mod_rewrite enabled
- write permissions to wp-content/uploads folder
More information about permissions and how to change them you can find in WordPress Codex here.
* PHP extensions and functions mentioned above are available on most common hosting plans
Do you still have problems and does your server meet all requirements? Take a look at our Troubleshooting article.
PHP version recommendation
Citadela theme and plugins are fully compatible with PHP 8.x. We recommend to use this version only in case you are not using WooCommerce plugin.
If you use the Citadela Listing plugin and want to sell a subscription to items owners, you must use PHP 7.x. The subscription selling process uses the WooCommerce plugin for the shopping process.
WooCommerce is not fully compatible with PHP 8.x yet. Please set up a lower PHP version on your hosting until that time and so your site will run correctly.
PHP locale settings
We recommend using the default “C” locale if your hosting provider has overwritten default locale settings. Overwritten locale settings might cause issues with GPS number formats in Listing items.
To fix the issue please include the following line into wp-config.php: