The WordPress Paragraph Block is a basic yet essential element in the WordPress Block Editor, also known as Gutenberg. It allows you to add and format textual content in your posts and pages. Here’s a simple guide on how it works:
- Adding a Paragraph Block:
- When you’re editing a post or page, click on the spot where you want to add text.
- You can either type
/paragraphand hit Enter to add a Paragraph Block, or just start typing, and it will automatically create a Paragraph Block.
- Writing and Editing Text:
- Once the Paragraph Block is added, you can type your text directly into it.
- To edit text, simply click on the block and start typing or make changes as needed.
- Formatting Options:
- The Paragraph Block comes with various formatting options, such as changing text size, text color, and background color.
- You’ll find these options in the toolbar above the block when it’s selected. Additionally, more options are available in the right-hand sidebar under ‘Block settings’.
- Adjusting Typography and Color:
- You can also adjust the typography (like font size, line height) and set custom colors for text and background.
- Adding Links and More:
- You can add hyperlinks by selecting the text and clicking the link icon in the toolbar.
- You can also make text bold, italic, or add other formatting using the toolbar.
The Paragraph Block is a fundamental tool for creating the content of your website, allowing you to craft and style the text to suit your needs. It’s user-friendly and does not require any coding knowledge, making it ideal for beginners and seasoned WordPress users alike.