Since the beginning of the World Wide Web, search has become one of the most important things. We use search every day, all the time. For that reason, we have spent a tremendous amount of time designing and fine-tuning our Search Form block that comes with Citadela Directory. But let’s not talk about it like we would make 10min youtube videos and get practical.
Search Form options
The primary purpose of the search form is to find exactly what you’re looking for quickly. That’s why we have several options available:
- Text search – searches title, description and address of the item including zip code.
- Category – filters only items from the selected category.
- Location – filters only items from the selected location.
- Geolocation – uses your current GPS position to find items around you.
- Filter search – allows you to filter by advanced filters. For example, if you look for a hotel with parking.
I’m sure that this is pretty self-explanatory. Here’s how it looks like on the website:
Search Form placement
The search form has its block. You can therefore place it anywhere on your page or post. You can put it in the header, on the map, inside the content and use other valuable blocks like columns or cluster blocks to make it more excellent. Let’s have a look at some actual examples:
Search Form block in WordPress editor
There are tons of options available you can play with. Just have a look at these images. New options are added all the time.
I hope you have a better understanding of what option you have with the Citadela Directory Search Form. As always, you can refer to our online documentation for more information.
If you’re unsure or would like help, feel free to post your question in our support system.