The WordPress Video Block is a feature within the WordPress editor that allows you to easily add videos to your posts and pages. It’s designed to be user-friendly, especially for those who might not be familiar with coding or web development. Here’s a basic overview of how it works:
- Adding the Video Block: When you’re editing a post or page, you can add a Video Block by clicking on the “+” (Add Block) button. Then, you search for “Video” in the block search bar and click on it to add it to your page.
- Uploading or Embedding Videos: Once the Video Block is added, you have a few options for including your video:
- Upload a Video: You can upload a video file directly from your computer. This is good for personal or unique videos that aren’t already hosted online.
- Use a URL: If the video is already online (like on YouTube or Vimeo), you can just paste the video URL, and WordPress will automatically embed it.
- Select from Media Library: If you have previously uploaded videos to your WordPress media library, you can select one of those.
- Customizing the Video: After adding your video, WordPress provides various customization options. You can control aspects like autoplay, loop, and whether to show player controls. These options will be available in the block settings on the right-hand side of the editor.
- Responsiveness: The Video Block is designed to be responsive, meaning it will adjust to different screen sizes (like mobile phones, tablets, and desktops) for an optimal viewing experience.
- Accessibility: It’s also possible to add subtitles or captions to your videos, which is a great practice for accessibility.
Remember, when using the Video Block, consider the size of your video files. Large files can slow down your website’s loading time, which might affect user experience and SEO. Hosting videos on external platforms like YouTube and embedding them in your site can be a more efficient option in such cases.