Redesign of the website is a big change for every business, because new web can significantly influence the user behaviour. Either in positive or negative way. New customers (those ones who are visiting your website for the 1st time) will appreciate modern design according to the latest trends, as it will catch their attention more.
But for users, who are regular visitors of your website and are used to certain layout of the elements, the redesign is a step to the unknown.
However there are several reasons why to undertake such risk – at the end it can be a win for you.
Reasons for changing of website design:
- you are not happy with the results your website generates, e.g. small amount of visitors, low conversion ration, high bounce rate…
- you have too much of hard to understand or too specialised content
- you want to significantly change the content strategy – text, call to action buttons, search engine indexing
- you are changing the orientation of your website or product
- you want to focus on completely new/different target group
- you have old plugin versions and third-party tools
- you don’t have responsive website design which is a must these days
Information on how to move ahead with the website redesign and why it is better rather to make smaller changes than the radical ones, can be found in the article How Often Should You Redesign your Website by inspirationfeed.com.
Cover photo inspiration: The Verge gets a redesign.