The WordPress Quote block is a feature in the WordPress editor, which allows you to highlight text as a quotation in your posts or pages. It’s particularly useful for drawing attention to a specific piece of text, like a notable saying, testimonial, or an excerpt from a book or article. Here’s how to use it:
- Accessing the Quote Block:
- While editing a post or page, click on the “+” button to add a new block.
- Search for “Quote” in the block search field, or find it under the ‘Text’ category.
- Using the Quote Block:
- Once you add the Quote block, you can type or paste the text you want to quote directly into it.
- The block usually differentiates the quoted text from the rest of your content by using italics, a larger font size, or a different font style.
- Styling Variations:
- The Quote block may have different styles or variations. You can explore these by selecting the block and then looking for ‘Styles’ or ‘Block settings’ in the sidebar.
- Preview and Publish:
- Always preview your post or page to see how the quote looks within your content.
- Once satisfied, you can publish or update your post/page.
The Quote block is a simple yet powerful tool to make certain parts of your text stand out and give your content a more professional and engaging look.