The WordPress Gallery Block is a feature in WordPress that allows you to easily create and add image galleries to your posts and pages. It’s part of the WordPress Block Editor (also known as Gutenberg), which is a modern, block-based system for creating content.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to use the Gallery Block:
- Open a Post or Page: Start by editing the post or page where you want to add the image gallery.
- Add the Gallery Block: Click on the “+” icon (Add Block button) in the editor. In the search bar, type “Gallery,” and then select the Gallery Block from the options that appear.
- Upload or Select Images: You can now upload images from your computer or select from the ones already uploaded in your WordPress media library. To upload, just drag and drop files or use the file selector.
- Arrange Your Images: Once the images are uploaded, you can rearrange them by dragging and dropping. You can also click on individual images to edit them, add captions, or remove them from the gallery.
- Configure the Block Settings: On the right-hand side, you’ll see the Block settings. Here, you can adjust the number of columns in the gallery, set the crop size for images, and more.
- Preview and Publish: Once you’re happy with the gallery, you can preview it by clicking on the “Preview” button. If everything looks good, click “Publish” or “Update” to make the changes live on your website.
The Gallery Block is a convenient way to showcase multiple images in a grid layout, perfect for photo galleries, portfolios, product showcases, and more. It’s user-friendly and doesn’t require any coding knowledge, making it a great tool for beginners in WordPress.