Installation instructions via standard WordPress admin panel
Please login to your account and download .ZIP theme file.
For Safari users: usually the browser is preset to Open “safe” files after downloading. It means the installation file will be downloaded unzipped. Press “alt” key + download button you can download .ZIP file easily.
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes in main WordPress menu
- Click on Add New button
- Click on Upload link
- Choose zip file with Theme from your computer, and click “Install now” button
- After successful installation of new theme click on “Activate” link
- Please follow to Theme Activation process which activates your website
Full process of installation you can see in video tutorial.
AIT Plugins automatically installed with theme
With successfully theme activation are also installed and activated our plugins which contain shortcodes, custom post types and other plugins which are packed with theme. You can find them in WordPress Plugins page:
- AIT Shortcodes – plugin with all available shortcodes
- AIT Toolkit – plugin with all available custom post types
- AIT Updater – plugin for theme and AIT plugins automatic updates
- Revolution Slider – standalone revolution Slider plugin which is prepacked with theme
Because WordPress do not provide way automatically remove plugins with theme deactivation, these plugins must be manually deactivated after theme deactivation.
Installation instructions via FTP client
Theme may be uploaded via FTP as well, open your favorite FTP client and upload unpacked theme folder into ./wp-content/themes/
Make sure that you copied on FTP directly theme folder only with theme files inside.
Theme path must be ./wp-content/themes/ThemeName/theme_files_and_folders_here
During standard theme installation via WordPress Admin are automatically installed necessary plugins attached to theme. If you are installing theme via FTP, you have to install these plugins manually or upload them via FTP into plugins folder:
Plugins are packed in theme folder: ./ait-theme/plugins/:
- ait-shortcodes.zip – plugin which allows you use theme shortcodes
- ait-toolkit.zip – plugin which allows you use theme custom post types
- ait-updater.zip – plugin which allows you update AIT theme and plugins from WordPress admin
- revslider.zip – Revolution Slider plugin