Using Members post type you can display on your site profiles of peoples. You can create unlimited count of members and divide them to categories. It’s just on you which category of members or one specific member will be displayed anywhere in page content…
Create new Member
In main WordPress menu navigate to Members menu option where are available options:
- All Members – display all your Members posts
- Add New – page to add new Member
- Categories – page to manage categories of Members
Steps to add new Member
1. Click on Add New link in menu or button on page with all your Members to create new Member.
You will see the following screen:
2. On the top of Add New screen write title for your new member, below title field are available options to add member’s photo, write member’s position, some text about member and option to assign social icons for member.
Member’s Additional Info
For each member are available options:
- About member
- Social Icons
Option to select featured image for member.
By clicking “+ Add New Item” link you can create new social icon for member. For each social icon are available options like Title of social icon, Image which represent this social icon and link for social icon which will be opened after click on icon.
Number of social icons for member is not limited.
3. On the right side is place to assign new member to some category, so you can divide your members to more categories and decide then which category of members or one specific member will be displayed on page. In case you are creating multilingual website, select also language of currently created post.
4. Order field is used to order members displayed on page. Just write for your members numbers to order them like you want.
5. Click Publish button to submit and create your new Member
To edit your existing members go to page with All Members and click on the title of member. In opened page you can change values set up for member in the same way as you did when you create new member. After editing click Update button on the right side of edit screen.