In CityGuide theme you can create Item via Items Custom Post Type available from main left side WordPress menu and display created items using Items element.
To see where on frontend are displayed information filled for Items Custom Post Type, follow CityGuide Specific Documentation here.
Create new Item
In main WordPress menu navigate to Items menu option where are available options:
- All Items- display all your Items posts
- Add New – page to add new Item
- Item Categories – page to manage categories of Items
- Item Locations – page to manage locations of Items
Steps to add new Item
1. Click on Add New link in menu or button on page with all your Items to create new Item.
You will see the following screen:
2. On the top of Add New screen write title for your new item, below title field are available options to add information like address, features and gallery.
For each item are available options:
- Item Header – Type of header displayed on item
- Address – Location of the item
- Email – You can hide the email by setting Show Email off
- Web – Website
- Contact owner – Display or hide contact owner form
Opening Hours Section provide options to add opening and closing hours for the current item. For every item might be set up:
- Monday: 8am – 8pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 8pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 8pm
- Thursday: 8am – 8pm
- Friday: 8am – 8pm
- Saturday: closed
- Sunday: closed
Gallery Section provide options to add pictures to the current item. For each of them might be set up:
- Title – title for image
- Image – image url to display in the gallery
Features Section provide options to add item features, for example restaurant have a wifi, card pay, happy hour drinks, etc.. For each of them might be set up:
- Icon – icon for the feature
- Title – feature title
- Description – feature description
3. On the right side is place to assign new item to some category and location, so you can divide your items to more categories and decide then which category of items will be displayed on page. In case you are creating multilingual website, select also language of currently created post.
To create a new item category click “+Add New Category” or navigate to Item Categories in the left wordpress menu. The categories and locations comes with custom options. Avalaible custom options are:
- Icon – category icon displayed in the detail for the current category
- Icon in Map – icon displayed in the Header Map
- Header Type – header type displayed in the detail of the category (Map, Image, None)
- Header Image – image displayed in the header when header type is set to image
4. Click Publish button to submit and create your new Item
To edit your existing items go to page with All Items and click on the title of item. In opened page you can change values set up for item in the same way as you did when you create new item. After editing click Update button on the right side of edit screen.