Using Events post type you can create unlimited count of events and show them on your site.
Create new Event
In main WordPress menu navigate to Events menu option where are available options:
- All Events – display all your Events posts
- Add New – page to add new Event
- Categories – page to manage categories of Events
Steps to add new Event
1. Click on Add New link in menu or button on page with all your Events to create new Event.
You will see the following screen:
2. On the top of Add New screen write title for your new event, below title field is available visual editor to write content for your new event. This content of event is displayed on single event page and from this content is created excerpt text for event in the list of events displayed on page, if Excerpt field is empty.
Text written in excerpt field will be displayed with event on page where are listed your events.
If this field is empty, in the list of events is created excerpt text from main content of event.
In Event Image section select featured image for event, this image will be displayed with event on page.
For each event you can specify the location of event and date when this event starts and ends.
Available are options:
- Date From
- Date To
3. On the right side is place to assign new event to some category, so you can divide your events to more categories. In case you are creating multilingual website, select also language of currently created post.
4. Click Publish button to submit and create your new Event
To edit your existing events go to page with All Events and click on the title of event. In opened page you can change values set up for event in the same way as you did when you create new event. After editing click Update button on the right side of edit screen.